In this study, the Ti/RuO2-Pt anode was used to remove the Acid Orange 7 (AO7) from the synthetic dye wastewater. If you start with 85% phenol and the phenol evaporates faster than whatever the other 15% is then you would still have to leave the lid off a while to loose a significant amount of phenol. 2,3 butanediol production Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcata.2015.10.036. Please do. The influences of current density, initial ChS concentration, initial solution pH and different NaCl dosages on electrochemical degradation of ChS were investigated. The colleague would get some fresh phenol from the chemist (small amount - enough for a P&A) so there would not be alot to dispose of...this was a few years back. Mainly carboxylic acids (propanoic acid, maleic acid, propanedioic acid, acetic acid and oxalic acid) were detected as intermediates. Exploitation of active carbon-based catalysts has been yet very intensively The untreated or control sample had a COD concentration of 63,000 mg/L and a phenol concentration of 76 mg/L. The electrochemical performance of Ti/IrO2-Pt anode for degradation of ChS will not decrease after serviced for a long time. However, the oxidants decompose and react with contaminants during transport to the contaminated region, which causes oxidant over-consumption. The experimental results showed that the applied current density had a positive influence on the degradation of phenol and removal of TOC, but a higher current density led to lower current efficiency and higher energy consumption. Mechanisms involved in phenol oxidation were pH-dependent in PS-γ-MnOOH system. The results show that, in the presence of chloride ion, the electrogenerated active chlorine played an important role in dye wastewater treatment. AgCu@ MWCNT nanocatalyst used for degradation of MB was investigated under ultrasonic irradiation, and AgCu@MWCNT nanocatalyst exhibited an excellent sonocatalytic activity function. The performance of Ti/RuO2-Pt anode for decomposition of dye and long time service was also investigated. The reaction between cumene hydroxide and dilute acid gives phenol and acetone (as a byproduct). In this study, AgCu@MWCNT nanocatalyst was synthesized by following a series of physicochemical hydrothermal processes. Bioremediation approaches could be considered as an efficient and effective way to treat textile effluent relative to existing physical and chemical methods. This book chapter describes various methods used to treat textile industry wastewater. Sodium sulfate (as an electrolyte) and Ti/RuO 2-IrO 2 (as an electrode) were used in the EO system. In addition, aromatic intermediates and general carboxylic acids generated in the degradation of phenol have been indentified using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and a general pathway for the electrochemical degradation of phenol on PbO2 anode was proposed. The energy consumption value (8.0 kWh kg −1 N) was detected at the optimum operating conditions. C6H6O + 2[O] --> C4H4O2 + H2O Reagent : K2Cr2O7 + H2SO4 Alternatively, you can use following reagents for oxidation of phenol - 1) acidic. A variety of chemical oxidation programs were tested to determine which would provide the greatest (and most economical) reduction in both parameters. It is suggested that a major fraction of TOC in precipitation at these two sites in the northeastern U.S. was derived from airborne particulate matter, such as soil dust and plant material. At pH 7, an oxidative intermediate formed between γ-MnOOH and S2O82− is the predominant oxidative species in phenol oxidation. By continuing you agree to the use of cookies. demand (COD) measurements were conducted to study the kinetics of phenol electrochemical degradation and the mineralization efficiency under different current densities. Further discussion on the various types of the bioreactors employed to treat textile industry wastewater at large scale is summarized.